Thursday, January 15, 2009

why i like scrapbooking, and why i don't like my job.

okay, first....i do like my job. but, I like scrapping more.
i even make teddy bears relating to my job:

you see, I have this little quirk, i like things in order, i like things done per the rules, i like symmetry and efficiency. starting and finishing a project (fast!) suites me just fine!

I do not get that in my job. i work with a client for 30-180 days (or more) and their successes are few, they manipulate like crazy, their forward progress is slow, and when they are terminated (i.e. file closed), i still have about 60-70 other challenges, just waiting. just annoying.

scrapbooking, on the other hand, allows me to be refreshed. i organize my papers, ribbon, cardstock (and organize, and organize....) then get creating. I'm known to be a fast scrapper, i get my pages done quick. and that's just it: i finish something. it gets done. it is put in the album and I move on to a new page. something fresh. a new challenge that is not like the previous one.

given a "project" album (the hired baby book, the wedding book for my SIL), I get to it, carefully selecting the goodies I'll immerse myself in for the coming weeks/months. photos are matted, ribbon is tied, and papers are put together carefully in an artistic fashion. and, I just can't get enough.

sadly, i don't have enough scrapworthy photos. what's a scrapbook-lover to do?!

but, i get my hands on this little number to have some fun with this weekend!

1 comment:

JR said...

Have fun you scrapbooking queen! Thanks for showing me the ropes of my dad's book...can't wait to show it to you! Heart you!!!!