Wednesday, February 4, 2009

vacation?!

Here's a little pic of our last "getaway!"


Now, on to this year's vacation: Washington DC (I am hoping!)

DH and i will celebrate 10 years of togetherness in April (yes, the whole high school sweetheart thing) and we're hoping to do a something a little bigger!

I've never been to DC and I just know I am going to love love love all the sites, the crazyness, and the fun we'll have!

Leave your DC travel tips, suggestions, whathaveyous to help DH and I plan our getaway! (please)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Depends on when you go, but sometimes the Hamilton Crowne Plaza has really good weekend rates ($89/night was the cheapest I got) and it's a very nice hotel that is super close to the National Mall with all the monuments.

You should check what the cost difference is to fly to New York and to fly to Washington D.C. - and if it's not much, consider flying into New York City and hanging out with Felipe and I for a day (you have a place to stay!). Getting to Washington D.C. from New York City is pretty easy by bus (and only like $30 round trip).

brianna gray said...

I've been there a few times and really love it! It can be hot in the summer (if that's when you go). Definitely do it! Take pictures! Take it all in! Bring comfy shoes for all the walking! I think last time I was there, we did a trolly tour thing and you could get on and off throughout the day. Fun fun!!

Anonymous said...

SO MUCH FUN!! I saw all the sites in one weekend all packed together! You and my bro will have an awesome time seeing history!! maybe even see OBAMA!!! Go to the lincoln memorial and the washigton monument for sure! The museums are fun too!! ahahahah i am so excited for you! what a cool city E and I got to see in middle school and now D gets to see it!!!