Sunday, January 4, 2009

1 out of 120 ain't so bad....

DH and I just spent the best hour together! he's been at work since last year (hehe 0600 12/31/08) and won't be home til after work tomorrow. So far, that's like 120hrs at the hospital. He called me at 430ish and said "you want to come have dinner wiht me" and I jumped at the chance. I was still in my PJs so I quick got ready and drove to the hospital. I met DH near the parking garage and we found wendy's inside the big-ole-maze-like buildings.

During our walk and dinner it was just wonderful spending time with him. We talked to much!! And I mean just talked like good friends do after not having seen eachother for well, 129 hours! We talked about work, my family, kids/no kids, and our march vacation. even though I would so rather have him home, spending this hour with him meant so much and it was just the little boost we needed until tomorrow.

DH's craziness isn't over yet: he has a busy upcoming 10 days with a presentation (or 2) and lots of reading. At least he'll be home for most of the prep stuff.

2 comments:

Missey~ said...

Aww, those special times are priceless~

Anonymous said...

Im glad you got time with hubby. it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesnt it. I love you photos. they are so nice. you look good together.