So, my SIL B informed me I'm slacking on my blog (and I know D is prolly checking daily too, and not finding anything new...) so, here's a Friday Jail Time post!
Me: How long have you lived there?
inmate: Oooh, I've been there a while, I'd say a minute.
Me: How long is that?
inmate: oh, like a couple weeks, a couple months. (really having NO clue)
(me thinking: yup, you're lying)
White Inmate: last name is Glover
Black Inmate: not to be nosy, but my grandpa's name is Glover too.
White Inmate: really? We could be related, I have black people in my family.
Black Inmate: That's so cool. We family!
(I am wiping my eyes, tears of a family reunion in jail! bleh.)
Me: I'm calling to verify so-and-so's address for court on Monday. At that time he'll talk to a lawyer about his case and go before the judge to set his bail. I give this information to the judge to use in setting that bail. Do you know where he lives?
Lady: Nope. I don't have a clue. What's this for? Who are you.
Me: I'm J. I work with the courts. I spoke with so-and-so today and he told me you know where he lives. I need to verify that for court on Monday when he'll get his bahil set.
Lady: Oh. (pause)
Me: So, do you know where he lives? He said he lives with you.
Lady: Ma'am, he's in jail. (matter of factly)
Me: I know. But, when he's not in jail, where does he live. (frustrated!)
Lady: He was staying here for a short time.
Me: Well, when he gets out is he staying there?
Lady: Yea, he can. He gets his mail here.
Me: Ok, what's your address?
Lady: What's this for again?
(we go through this for about 5 more minutes; needless to say, he gets verified. and I get annoyed)
Me: Is "boy's name" there.
Lady: Who, are you? (very accusing)
Me: (go through my whole schpeel about why I'm calling)
Lady: Oh, I'm his wife, I can verify employment. It's our company.
Me: So has so-and-so worked for you an for how long?
Lady: He has, for a bit, but I'm doing the taxes right now and last year he didn't even work enough to get a W2.
Me: Okay, so he's not working full time
Lady: ooooh hell no.
(he didn't get verified points for employment)
Well, not the most exciting posts, but you get the idea that I don't always work with the "brightest" bulbs, the "most colorful" crayons, and the "most full" bowls up top.
4 comments:
I love your jail posts! SO funny! TFS this! Keep them coming!
You're right...I have been checking. :) I agree though, these posts are great!!
School post...
Griffin! H he say bad bad word. H say Miss B (Principal) she big butt has he say her big butt. H bad bad.
Needless to say after I translated the story from my darling non english speaking student I found out my student H told Miss B (our Principal) she had a big butt. Oh the 1st grade drama!
I miss you!
I agree with B, it was way too long since your last post! D is not the only one who checks your blog every day, lol! Between you and my charming kids, I usually get my blog fix!
Tales from the Cube:
During our weekly meeting, my friend M was telling us about how she just learned that Nike makes all their shoes and clothes in Euthanasia. Technically that's probably true...youth in Asia...although she really meant Indonesia. Good times!
Post a Comment