Saturday, January 24, 2009

sorting

How do you sort the mail?

At our house, the two people here do it two different ways.
(And it cause the other to become frustrated.)

Here's how it goes when either picks up the mail / sorts the mail...

J: She very rarely picks up the mail....but, when it happens, she takes it just barely inside the house, puts the pile on the butcher block, and goes through it all at once...right then..., sorting out her pieces or the fun stuff immediately. Then the other things just sit there, on the butcher block. (which bothers DH). DH will ask where the mail is and J says "by the door" and he gathers it and starts the process indicated at * in his part below.

DH: He usually gets the mail. He brings the mail inside the house, sits it on the end of the chaise on the couch (whice bothers J) and then goes to the bathroom, changes clothes, checks email, all while J is waiting for him to just go through the mail! * Then, he sits down on the couch, and intensley goes through each piece, one at a time: opening, sorting contents, ripping in half for recyclying, or giving to J. This takes about 15 minutes...depending on the amount of mail.

Can you just see the amusement in how different we handle such a simple task?!?

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Why am I not surprised... I sort mail like your DH! That is to funny! Miss you!

Tasha said...

We sort ours totally different too!!
J always brings it in (he gets home before me) puts it on the kitchen table, and it sits there until I get home...with the exception of anything that looks like a check or money!!
Then I come home and immediatly go through it, trash, bills, good stuff. When I read him something that came (example: dentist bill) I get the "hey that was in my name" hahahha are you serious..it's sat here for 3 hours!
Gotta love them!