Last week I had my yearly follow up with my neurologist! It went well, better than I thought it would/could after last years Optic Neuritis episode. (didn't link to a specific post, just the lovely month)
It was the usual: walk as fast, and safely, as you can, do an eye chart, walk back. tip toes, heels, hop on one foot, then the other. eyes, make some faces, palms out, be stong, reflexes. tuning fork. (this is where I get bored and wonder really how long I'm supposed to say I feel the fork on my feet.....I asked the doc "do some people not feel it for this long" he responded "some people don't even feel it.") So, I guess my 30-odd-seconds of tuning fork on foot is alright!
we talked about my wanting to do the 1/2 marathon last year; but then i had the flair up and quit that. he said he's had a couple patients to the 1/2 and the full, and he thinks I should give it another try. (MK?? married to MK, want to help?)
I was thinking i'd be getting an MRI, but I'm good for another year! Because my last MRI wasn't showing anything active, he doesn't quite know why I had the flair up. But, I get another year to "try" and stay flair up free.
ooh, and commit to doing my shots daily. (i'm 7/7 since the doc!)
2 comments:
I'm more than happy to help. I would love to have a training partner for a 1/2.
Jana, I'm super glad to hear that it's going relatively well - this is definitely good news!
I hope it stays on course and maybe you can do the half marathon after all :D
Post a Comment