I know so many people (and two good friends that read this blog regularly fit into this, even my MIL :)) that are addicted to tv. they have their monday shows, their tuesday shows....well, you get it. they laugh, connect, and have good 'water cooler' chats, i'm sure!
i often wonder why DH and I don't fit into this TV obsession. Sure, most nights you'll find our tv on, but we flip channels, settling on the something we both can tolerate. we have shows we really like, but i couldn't even tell you the times, and maybe even channels that they're on! DH and I talked about this the other day, and really, in the ten year's we been together, (and that's a lot of TV watching time i suppose) we have only been "hooked" on a couple shows: Survivor (i was our thursday night date nights) and Idol.
would i like to be in on the big brother latest, know what the greys cast is going through, feel just as desperate as the housewives, be lost without my weekly 52 min of regularity?
maybe.
but i'm not sure how to get there.
(PS this post isn't meant to be negative towards tv lover, just simply wondering)
so, readers..
what are your fave shows??
3 comments:
hmmm....
Mon: 2 and a half men and my new favorite Big Bang Theory
Tues: Idol
Thurs: Grey's and Ugly Betty
Can't remember what night Castle is on but that is also a new favorite. And of couse every night Wheel of Fortune...
I think it is funny you are a channel flipper! LY!
I can't say that Felipe and I are hooked on any shows in particular. We have DVR so we end up recording a bunch of random stuff and watching it when it's convenient for us. I can tell you what is consistently on our DVR:
The Simpsons (I've always been a fan)
The Golden Girls
The Twilight Zone (old school Rod Serling)
Jeopardy
Antiques Roadshow
Cheers
:D
lol - this post made me laugh...or want to hide in a corner, as I am one of "those people". It's always easier to get hooked when a good friend rants and raves about something and then the watching of the show together begins, just to see what the big deal is, of course. But then something strange happens, it draws you in, but that's not the best part. My favorite part about watching a particular show with a girlfriend or two every week is that you get to bond. It's not (all) about the show, it's more about having relationships and getting to share a common interest. Odd as it sounds, it works!
Post a Comment