Tuesday, March 17, 2009

torn: 2 great causes...you pick!

First, I have a team in MN walking in this year's MS Walk on May 3. I've registered for the 2009 MS Walk because I want to DO SOMETHING for the people who have been diagnosed, including myself. It's not a selfish endeavor, I just want to do everything I can to prevent more people from learning what it means to live with this disease. Today, there is NO CURE for Multiple Sclerosis, and with a diagnosis occurring most frequently between the ages of 20 and 50, many individuals face a lifetime filled with unpredictability. My life with MS has been effected in many ways! I've struggled with depression and anxiety. I've had extreme difficulty sleeping, resulting in insomnia at night and fatigue during the day. I've had my share of trips, tumbles, and falls. I've had numbness and burning in my feet as a constant for over two years. I'm dealing with some cognitive symptoms now due to my forgetfullness and lack of concentration. Also, in September 2008 I developed Optic Neuritis and am still dealing with the effects of IV Steroids for 5 days! (no fun!)
The MS Society has always been there and supporters like you make all the difference!
Even though I'm now in Ohio, I have a team of supporters in Minnesota preparing to walk again this year! For donations to the MS Society, please go here today: Jana's Site.

Second, I am very excited to be a part of March for Babies with my local scrapbooking organization Columbusscrappers.org. CS has been supporting the March of Dimes for several years and we want 2009 to be our biggest donation year yet! Thats where you come in! Why March for Babies? Because the March of Dimes champions the needs of moms and babies in our community and across the nation. The money we raise for March for Babies will help:
- support all-important research offering preventions and solutions for babies born too soon or with birth defects
- educate women on things they can do to increase their chances of having a healthy baby
- provide comfort and information to families with a newborn in intensive care
- push for newborn screening and health insurance for all pregnant women and children

Won't you please help me in this worthy cause? Contributing to my walk online is fast, easy and secure. To donate today, please go here: Jana's Site.

____________________
See why I'm torn: two great causes and two great places you can make a difference! The choice is yours: 1 donation or 2, but really...how can you decide?!?!? Split the donation you'd give, support both and you've really done well! (and for bonus points in life, ask family and friends for their support too!)

Thanks!!! Look for update posts with pics and stats from the day!

No comments: