Wednesday, July 8, 2009

i didn't chose

...to move 800 miles away from home
...to actually like it there (here)

...to be alone more weekends in one year than not
...to learn to appreciate those together weekends

...to be woken up with pager noises
...to be glad that he's home with me

...to eat dinner alone most nights that first year
...to actually like cooking now

...to be the single parent to our dog
...to love having the three of us play

...to gain so much weight over two years because of depression
...to finally see sunshine in life and make better choices

...to leave a wealth of friends behind
...to make some great friends here

...to miss my HMO
...to be thankful i have 2 health insurances

...to miss cities97
...to love the morning zoo

but, i can choose to put a smile on and make today (and everyday) a great day.
right?

2 comments:

JR said...

I'm proud of you babe! I know things haven't always been easy the last few years, but keep your chin up! I love you to the moon and back!!!

Unknown said...

This makes me want to cry...I feel the conflict of joy and sadness all at the same time. Maybe it's b/c my reality is much the same at the moment? Or maybe it's because I miss you? I do miss you, Jana. xoxo