Monday, June 9, 2008

bear's disc disease...

is acting up. again. more frequent, more serious. more guilty parenting. yup, i am totally blaming us for this. we don't crate him for 3 weeks straight: and when I say straight I mean "only out of the crate for potty." I had the biggest lecture from the vet, but it has opened my eyes and now we are in the mindset to "do it or lose it." we'd definately rather do it than lose bear!

So, bear's in his crate, straight for 3 weeks. then NO activity for the pup. it just breaks my mama heart in me! I just want my pup to be heathy and fun and oh so cute. without his back healing (which by us not following the crate rest it hasn't had a chance to do yet) he won't be able to get to his fun and oh so cute times again soon.

please pray for patience for us parentals....we hate hate hate putting him in his crate straight. please pray that bear forgives us (hehe) and that somehow he'll understand when I use my "humanwords" to tell him why and that he'll just go to sleep good tonight in the crate and not all snuggled with me.

we are scared to have kids if we worry this much about our dog (who, mind you, is our baby of course!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Bear. :( I promise - he will be just fine in his crate. Sure he's not used to it, but it's like a little home for him. Snuggles from you later will be that much more enjoyable once he's feeling better! ~Amanda