For the past two days, I've been at OPOTA (ohio peace officers training academy) learning all you can ever know about OC/CS aerosol sprays. Yup, I was exposed to the stuff, did my tactical elements, and can now teach others the nitty-gritty of this schtuff. After all this, I don't know how any arrestee would ever subject themselves to this more than once in their criminal career......I now have 2 exposures to put in my training log (just in case, ya know, I have a lawsuit or something rad like that).
Basically, it's like sandy peppers in your eyes only you can't breathe and then you gotta punch, kick, baton, give commands, and arrest a fellow trainee. Did I mention takedowns: I LOVE takedowns, I'll show you armbar any day! Then, you need to shoot at a dummy and take a lap. finally, you can de-con (decontaminate). I fricken love law enforcement officers: they are so fun, encouraging, and did I say fun? Even the girl (only one in the group) who aimed her "red man" gun at herself during the arrest got a few laughs and proposals for firearm training! ha! At least I'm sooo not afraid to laugh with the best of em!
I can't wait til December when I head back to London (not so glamorous: middle of BFE Ohio) for defensive tactics training. I'll be the PO that you just don't mess with! No gang-bangerisms right Traci!
My resume is already updated: so for my 1 year review tomorrow....don't mess with the OC expert!
1 comment:
So I meant to ask you how your review went! I'd love to hear!
Post a Comment