Monday, July 28, 2008

best weekend ever

okay, maybe not ever, but it was a great weekend!

Friday: we went and played cards with the T's, E and B. They grilled bison burgers (yum) and we brought salad (with walnuts and craisins and raspberry - pomegranate dressing) and played euchre! It was a fun evening with some good friends!

Saturday: I went running with a girl from church at beautiful Sharon Woods park. I like running outside better than on the treadmill, but with the hot hot hot weather, that will come in the fall.

Then, it was DH's surprise day for me! We went to Polaris to get his hair cut, and I browsed at my fave Paper and Thread. Then onto downtown for the North Market! Seriously, i heart it! Farmer's market outside, and permanent vendors inside. We got some veggies, blueberries, cottage fries, corn on the cob, foccacia all for dinner and we had pasta and yummy sauces (spinach prosciutto for me and alfredo tomato for DH). We listened to the crazy confident tuba playing, irish-canada-other country anthem singing man while eating lunch.

Once home, I took a nap, DH played on the computer, and we DH eventually started grilling (and roasting) dinner. Then onto Stauf's for some yummy coffee and iced tea and great surroundings.

Sunday: We slept in because we were up until 2amish doing a bunch of nothing, well, scrapping and playing on the computer, again. We went grocery shopping, I napped, we played guitar hero, had dinner, then to Stauf's again. Soon enough we'll be regulars! We also had Jeni's ice cream: seriously delicious. Loving the wildberry lavender and DH likes the Maker's Mark.

Hope you had a fun-filled, good food weekend with your important peeps too!







No comments: