Tuesday, July 15, 2008

thoughts

I really want to work out before work. I never seem to get to the gym afterwards and I think by getting up and doing it would be best. The thing is, I go to bed way too late.

So, I was talking with, well, how do I put this, my psychologist? I deal with depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive personality disorder, and rather than just medicate, i want to do something about it. This person is great: puts things out there in a blunt way, just to make me think.

Our conversation last week went like this:

Me: I just can't get out of bed in the morning to go!
Psy: What are you doing so late at night that you're staying up for?
Me: TV, internet, reading. Junk stuff I guess.
Psy: Are those things you'd be doing at 5am?
Me: Of course not!
Psy: Why don't you go to the gym at 10, 11ish.
Me: No, I couldn't do that, plus, the gym isn't open that late!
Psy: If you're doing a bunch of stuff at 10 that you wouldn't do at 5....which things would you rather do?
Me: The gym, I need to get that back into my schedule.
Psy: Think about it, why waste your time at 10, 11 o'clock with "junk" when you could be asleep around 9 and up for the gym easier.
Me: I guess.

So, that got me thinking. Psy is totally right: why am I WASTING MY TIME on junk stuff when I could get on the same schedule as DH sleep wise, and just wake up when he does and go to the gym and be DONE WITH IT FOR THE DAY!?!?

That was on 7/10.

Do you think I've started?

Considering Sunday night and Monday night I was up until MIDNIGHT! ummm, nope. not yet.

But, at least I'm thinking about it right?? hehe.

No comments: