As most of you know, I have MS. I do pretty well on a daily basis with life, but the last week my vision has become increasingly impaired in my left eye. It is cloudy in m straight vision, but my peripheral (sp?) is alright. I had enough on Friday, went to the opthamologist who noticed decreased vision in my visual field test (lots of blinking lights, you click when you see them.....dumb). I was told to contact my neurologist and see what they wanted to do. I called the on call doc that night, it was my neurologist from the MS Center at OSU who said if it gets worse this weekend to go to the ER and if not, wait to call on Monday to get in for my round of IV Steroids. I called last night and was told by another doc the same thing, except he used the word "admitted." Admitted either this weekend or Monday. That freaks me out. I've never been to the hospital and my last round of IV Steroids was just 3 days in a row of CLINIC visits.
needless to say, it's gotten worse and oooooh so much more annoying. my eye is sore! it is tired, it only feels good when I'm sleeping and I can't be sleeping all day at work!.
DH and I are on the way to OSU (great, that's where he and a lot of our friends are residents..luckily I'm not a surgery person!) I am so anxious, I don't know if I want to be admitted, but DH said that this round of steroids might be an ever 4-6 hour thing so I would need to be in the hospital. argh.
I kind of hope that I am admitted though, just to be able to relax, not use my eyes on the computer all day, and to maybe finally accept that I have MS and I need to take care of myself in order to try not to have these things flair up (i.e. do my shots every day).
Please pray for me....I have never been to the hospital for a stay! (let alone more than 4 times in my life visiting people......eeek)
thanks.....I'll update when I can.
2 comments:
I'll be praying for you!
My heart goes out to you. You know I know what you're going through. I had forgotten about the headaches that come with visual changes. Sometimes I think visual problems are some of the worst symptoms. The steriods should really help and I'm glad that you're back home now. Love you.
Post a Comment