Sunday, November 23, 2008

meandering ... home

You know you're getting close to home when you see:

baker's square (but then get mad because they don't have chicken pot pie or tomato basil soup for your grown up grilled cheese. the chicken cheddar bacon melt is delish. so's the pie(s). )
cub foods, perkins, super target
pizza del re
uwec (univ. of wisconsin eau claire)
hwy 94 (and knowing that uwec is 65 miles from MN).
cities like pewaukee, eau claire, menomonie, and wauwatosa (and you know the correct pronounciation)
you see water on the side of the highway, over and over. (lakes and rivers, aww yea)
the djs start talking like you {used} to (and you can tell!)
sports broadcasts are for teams that never can quite muster up a win
streets and parking lots already have tall metal posts up for snow plows to use in order not to hit the curbs. that is to prepare for 120 inches of snow for the season.
christmas lights up, but not on because is is already too cold to put them up any time in the future.
a cute puppy named penny, who loves cuddling on my lap.
a comfortable home that feels just like where you belong.
familiar faces with wide open arms and smiles.
family.

3 comments:

Daria said...

OMG! I can't tell you how long I've been craving a bowl of Baker's Square tomato basil soup. I'd be so sad to go and not be able to get some!!

JR said...

Glad you made it safely! I miss you already! And I'm totally boycotting BS here until they get their act in gear! Have a great week/Thanksgiving babe! Can't wait to see you again in February! Heart you!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Baker's Square too!